Friday, January 27, 2012

Making My Pinterest Pins, Chicken Rollups | Sin & Soul Food Blog

In an ever evolving effort to continue making my Pinterest pins, I made Chicken Rollups last night. I pinned this pin a while back, via another pinner who found it on www.plainchicken.com
I also love chicken, so this website most definitely appeals to me! Anyway, the picture looked all ooey-gooey and delicious so I thought I would try it. I've had the cream cheese in the refrigerator for a while now and I don't care what the expiration date says, I was freaking out about it going bad so I made this last night.

A few things I will say about the recipe ahead of time and nothing against the blogger, but it definitely teaches me a lesson to make sure that my recipes are easy to read. This one was a bot all over the place. So, while you're welcome to try out her recipe, I am going to give you mine which I think is a little easier to read.

2-8ounce cans crescent rolls
1-10 and 3/4 ounce can Cream of Chicken soup
3/4 grated cheese (I used sharp cheddar)
1/2 Cup milk

Filling

4 ounces very soft room temperature cream cheese
2 T. very soft room temp. butter
1/2-1t. garlic powder
1t. minced onion
2c. cooked chicken breast, I diced mine
1/2 grated cheddar cheese
1/2 t. salt or seasoning salt
1/2 t. ground black pepper (I used freshly ground)
2T. milk (optional, use will vary)
1/2 c. grated cheddar cheese for top of casserole.

Set oven temp. to 350 and grease a 13x9 casserole dish. Mix together 1/2c. milk, 3/4c. cheese, and undiluted soup with pepper. Pour some of this mixture (about half) into the bottom of the greased dish.

For the filling, cream together the cream cheese and butter until smooth and well combined. Add garlic powder. Add in the chopped chicken, onion, and cheddar cheese; mix until well combined. The mixture will seem thick, add in some of the 2T. milk a little at a time until mixture reaches a creamy consistency. You might not need it all, and you do not want the mixture to be runny. Season with salt & pepper, and set aside. Unroll crescent rolls, and put approximately 1T of the cream cheese mixture on the wide end of the crescent. Begin rolling from the wide end and as you roll, tuck the sides in to create a pouch. You may have to pinch the side together to get a good seal. This part can be messy. Place seam side down, in the casserole dish. Continue until all the rolls are in the pan. Spoon some more of the soup mixture on top of each crescent, and top with cheese. Bake in oven for 30 minutes and serve.

These were very good, very rich! I would recommend being careful with the salt & pepper because the soup will have a lot of salt on it's own. Also, when cooking the chicken, I seasoned mine with a small amount of salt & pepper so it had some of it's own flavor. I served with rice that had spinach, tomatoes, and onions in it. Really easy, and I will be sharing a recipe for this in the future. Let me know what you think!

And since I love chicken, I want to know what your favorite chicken recipes are. I might try one out and share it here! Thanks for tuning in, have a great day!



No comments:

Post a Comment